SMK 3 According to PER.05/MEN/1996 article 1, Occupational Health and Safety Management System (SMK3) is part of the overall management system which includes organizational structure, planning, responsibilities, implementation, procedures, processes and resources needed for development, implementation , achievement, review and maintenance of occupational safety and health policies in the context of controlling risks related to work activities in order to create a safe, efficient and productive workplace.
Objectives of the Implementation of SMK3 (Occupational Health and Safety Management System) in accordance with Government Regulation No.50/2012
- Aims to increase effectiveness in the protection of occupational safety and health by doing several ways, namely planned, structured, measurable and integrated.
- Aims at preventing work accidents and reducing occupational diseases, by involving the workforce or workers, management and trade unions
Benefits of OHS Management System
- Employee protection
- Demonstrate compliance with laws and regulations
- Reduce costs
- Create an effective management system
- Increase customer trust and satisfaction